Positive Parenting Northumberland:
Delivering the world-acclaimed Triple P – Positive Parenting Program throughout Northumberland!
Positive Parenting Northumberland is a network of local agencies, with staff trained to deliver the Triple P Positive Parenting Program. We offer Triple P support, free, to all parents and caregivers in Northumberland County. Together, we are creating better access to programs for parents and caregivers, who have parenting questions or concerns and are looking to enhance their parenting skills and family dynamic through a proven evidence-based program.
What is Triple P?
Triple P is for every parent or caregiver of a child or teenager. It is a Positive Parenting Program, where you can choose the support you need. You will learn parenting skills and techniques to better manage family problems, as well as gain confidence in you parenting through using a variety of strategies and tools. Triple P aims to make raising children and teenagers easier.
The Benefits of Triple P
Triple P helps you to understand the way your family works and uses the things you already say, think, feel and do in new ways that:
- Create a stable, supportive, and harmonious family.
- Encourage behaviours you like in your child.
- Deal positively, consistently and decisively with your child’s behaviour.
- Build positive relationships with your children, so that conflict can be resolved.
- Plan ahead to avoid or manage potentially difficult situations.
- Take care of yourself as a parent/caregiver.